Welcome to ugtab.com The place for brand new affordable Tablet PC in Uganda
Written by our Editor in 2012. Some content may be out dated.
Now we recommend you to choose our 4G enabled Tablet PC.
We have been asked by different people, how to choose a suitable Tablet PC for different needs. Here's some information for your reference.
The most difference on Tablet PC is how you connect to Internet.
1. When you're using a Wi-Fi device, you will need to have Wi-Fi hotspot around you, so that you can connect to Internet by Wi-Fi.
2. When you're using a Wi-Fi+Modem device, you can connect to Internet either using Wi-Fi or a Modem.
3. When you're using a Wi-Fi+Cellular device, you can simply access Internet with a SIM card as long as your area was covered by the telecommunication company's network. You can also use Wi-Fi network with this kind of devices.
Choosing a device also depends on the Internet condition you're staying with.
1. Cellular devices suitable for the people need Internet anytime anywhere, as long as you have airtime or Internet bundle in the SIM card.
2. Wi-Fi+Modem device suitable for the people already has a Modem.
3. Wi-Fi devices suitable for the people not so relying on Internet or the person whom can easily access to Wi-Fi hotspot.
1. Wi-Fi is a system for connecting electronic equipment such as computers and electronic organizers to the Internet without using wires.
2. A hotspot is a site that offers Internet access over a wireless local area network through the use of a router connected to a link to an Internet service provider. Hotspots typically use Wi-Fi technology. Hotspots may be found in coffee shops and various other public establishments in many developed urban areas throughout the world.
3. If you're interested in any Wi-Fi+Modem device, please come with your own Modem, we can assist you to set the Internet.
1. Wi-Fi model: Uses high-speed Wi-Fi networking to connect to the Internet. It’s ideal if you have a wireless Internet router at your place or near a wireless hotspot in campus, for example. Tablets can find Wi-Fi automatically.
2. Wi-Fi + Cellular model: Keeps you connected to the Internet using a fast mobile data connection when Wi-Fi isn’t available.